So this is my solution to all of these complaints. The most perfect breakfast sausage patties that contain real, tangible fuel for a healthy family and a healthy me. I hope you like it as much as we do!
- 2 lbs 7th Heaven Farm's ground Berkshire pork
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 tbs fresh sage, chiffonade
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbs fresh chives, minced
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl. Cover and let sit overnight (This step is optional. It's still pretty killer if you just go ahead and toss this in a pan.)
- Take about 2 oz of meat at a time and roll into a ball, flatten into a patty, and cook in a hot, non-stick pan. Roughly 3 minutes on either side should do it, but ultimately it will depend on how thin you shape these things. For the food to be totally safe, it should register 165 Fahrenheit when checked... So no pink leftover.
Time: 15 minutes