- 4 7th Heaven Farm pasture raised eggs
- 4 c washed and chopped swiss chard
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 slices of 7th Heaven Nitrate Free bacon, cooked, with the fat reserved (I keep it in a little ceramic dish on my stove top.) then chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 c cooked black eyed peas
- 1/4 c grass fed New Zealand Cheddar Cheese (I got it at Whole Foods)
- 2 burrito sized spinach tortillas
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1/2 c mango chunks (I use fresh, but frozen would work fine, too)
- salt to taste
I would make this (if you're going to) first, because that will give the flavors time to marry while everything else is going on.
- Put the sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, and mango in a blender (I use a Nutribullet but use whatever) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle (or a tupperware if you're a normal American person that doesn't own a squeeze bottle) and store in the fridge for up to 5 days for best flavor.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat about 2 tsp of bacon fat over medium high heat. Add garlic, shallot, and bell pepper. Saute about 2 minutes until the shallots and garlic start to look a little toasted (don't burn them, burnt garlic is gross) and add the swiss chard. Add in about 1/4 c of water and cover, letting the chard cook down.
- Remove lid when the chard is wilted and sprinkle with a little salt. Allow any excess liquid to cook off before adding another tsp of bacon fat. Stir everything around so that the fat coats the pan, then pour in the eggs and the chopped bacon.
- Reduce heat and use a rubber spatula to make long strokes across the bottom of the pan pretty much constantly until the eggs are set, then turn off the heat.
- Heat the cooked black eyed peas in the microwave until warm and set aside.
- One at a time, place a spinach tortilla in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel and heat for about 20 seconds. This steams them and makes them easier to fold.
- Make a little line of cheese just off center on the tortilla, leaving about 2" or so on either side. Put the black eyed peas over top of that. Then top with the eggs. Roll up burrito style by folding in the ends, then folding over the shorter side and rolling forward.
- Cut in half on a bias and serve with Mango-Lime Crema and some sriracha.
Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 normal people (1/2 burrito each) or 2 super hungry people (a whole burrito each)